Wildlife (Transaction and Taxidermy) Rules, 1973 – updated. In exercise of the powers conferred by Cl.(b) of sub-section (1) of Sec.63 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules. The rule is very useful in biodiversity conservation.
1. Short title, extent, commencement,
- These rules may be called the Wildlife (Transactions and Taxidermy) Rules, 1973.
- They extend to the whole of the State of Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
- They shall come into force on the 9th April 1973.
In these rules, unless the context other-wise requires
- “Act” means the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972);
- “form” means a Form appended to these rules;
- “Licensee” means a licensee under Chapter V of the Act;
- “Officer” means the Chief Wildlife Warden or any other officer whom the State Government may, for the purposes of these rules, by notification in the official Gazette, appoint;
- “specified animal” means any animal which is specified in Sch.I or Part II of Sch.II to the Act and which is (i) captured or kept or bred in captivity, or (ii) found wild in nature.
3. Acquiring, receiving, or keeping specified animal, etc. in control, custody, or possession or put under process of taxidermy or make articles, etc.,
(1) No person shall
(i) acquire, receive, keep in his control, custody or possession , any specified animal or any animal articles, trophy, uncured trophy, or meat derived therefrom, or
(ii) put under a process of taxidermy or make animal articles containing part of whole of such animal, except with the previous permission of the officer.
(2) Every application for such permission shall be made in Form 1……………………
4. Submission of report of stocks,
5. Sale of specified animal. etc,
6. Taxidermy or making animal article,
7. Maintenance of vouchers,
8. Transport of specified animal etc.,
FORM I (See sub-rule (2) of Rule 3),
FORM II (See sub-rule (2) of Rule 5),
FORM III (See-rule of (1) of Rule 4),
FORM IV (See Sub-rule (2) of rule 5),
FORM V (See Sub-rule (5) of rule 5),
FORM VI (See sub-rule (2) of Rule 8),
FORM VII (See sub-rule (5) of Rule 8).
Download pdf to view full text.