Taj Mahal, Taj Mahal Timings, Taj Mahal Entry Ticket, Taj Mahal Online Ticket Booking, Taj Mahal Accommodation. Taj Mahal Guide, Taj Mahal Ticket Counter, Taj Mahal Entry Gate, Taj Mahal Tour, Taj Mahal Night Tour, Taj Mahal Enquiry Form. About Taj Mahal. What to do and don not at Taj Mahal.
About Taj Mahal
The Taj Mahal is actually an integrated complex of structures with the white domed marble mausoleum being its most significant component. Entrusted to a board-of-architects by the Emperor Shah Jahan, the construction of the Taj Complex began about 1631 AD. The principal mausoleum was completed in 1648 AD by employing thousands of artisans and craftsmen, whereas, the outlying buildings and gardens were finished five years later in 1653 AD.
The Taj, the ultimate expression of love speaks volumes of indulgence coming from an overflowing treasury and political security of that era and much more by way of the finesse in art and science of architecture. Herringbone inlays define the space between many of the adjoining elements. White inlays are used in sandstone buildings, and dark or black inlays on the whitemarbles. Mortared areas of the marble buildings have been stained or painted in a contrasting colour, creating geometric patterns of considerable complexity. Floors and walkways use contrasting tiles or blocks in tessellation patterns. The inlay stones are of yellow marble, jasper and jade, polished and levelled to the surface of the walls.
A white marble tomb built in 1631 – 48 in Agra, seat of the Mughal Empire, by Shah Jehan for his wife, Arjuman Banu Begum, the monument sums up many of the formal themes that have played through Islamic architecture. Its refined elegance is a conspicuous contrast both to the Hindu architecture of pre-Islamic India, with its thick walls, corbelled arches and heavy lintels, and to the Indo-Islamic styles, in which Hindu elements are combined with an eclecticassortment of motifs from Persian and Turkish sources.
The Taj Mahal is considered the finest example of Mughal architecture, a style that combines elements from Persian, Indian, and Islamic architectural styles. In 1983, the Taj Mahal became a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was cited as “the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world’s heritage.”
The Taj! An awe-inspiring poetry in marble stands high and serene by the banks of the River Yamuna is an inspiring result of the application of architectural and scientific research.
The tomb laid out in rectangular shape can be approached through an immense gateway with huge arch and alcoves strewn on either side that stands tall and erect, as though guarding something precious. Three other smaller gateways follow the red sandstone towers topped with domes in white marble together make a pretty picture.
The Taj is an experience of its own kind, while on the one hand its magnanimity is so sublime, so on the other the exquisite inlay work and detailed craftsmanship together with the calligraphy is simply amazing. The combination simply leaves one absolutely mesmerized. The sheer splendour of the mausoleum is consummate, and the vastness is simply monumental.
The tomb is at the northern end with an expanse of greenery and fountains between it and the gateways. The ceiling is adorned with floral patterns and the décor of floors with geometric designs. The inner of the main structure is in lakhauri [a kind of earthen brick], which have been carefully covered with marble, whereas the adjoining structures are covered with red sandstone.
Taj Mahal Timings
World’s Most Iconic Tribute to Love Visit the crown jewel of India – Taj Mahal Timings and Ticket Prices for Visiting the Taj Mahal. Get complete information about How to Buy Taj Mahal Tickets Online, Entry fee for Taj Mahal, Taj Mahal Entrance Ticket Price, Time and Entrance Fee for Taj Mahal Taj Mahal visiting timings and buying Taj Mahal Tickets Online, How to Buy Taj Mahal Tickets Online on Taj Mahal Agra India. Also know about how to reach and best time to visit Taj Mahal in India.
Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays for general viewing and is opened on Friday afternoon only for those who have to attend prayers at the Taj Mosque.
There is no limit to how long tourists may stay inside the monument complex within the normal operating hours.
Sunrise to Sunset (Friday Closed) & Other Monuments -from sunrise to sunset
Note – Taj Mahal is closed on every Friday.
Taj Mahal Entry Ticket
|S.No.||Tourist Type||Amount (Rs.) (Inclusive of ASI & ADA fees )|
|2.||Citizens of SAARC and BIMSTEC Countries||530/-|
Taj Mahal Western Gate :- Tickets are available on Western Gate near Saheli Burj. (Timing-from Sunrise to Sunset).
Taj Mahal Eastern Gate :- Tickets are available at Shilpgram (about 750 meters from Eastern Gate of Taj Mahal. (Timing-from Sunrise to Sunset).
Taj Mahal Southern Gate :- The entrance & ticket selling has already been stopped from the south entrance gate of tajmahal. (Letter attached of ASI, SA, AGRA CIRCLE).
Tickets may be purchased at all three Taj Mahal entry gates. There are separate queues for Foreign tourists and Domestic tourists and signs will direct you accordingly.
- For all the World Heritage Sites tickets are available on Ticket Counters of World Heritage Sites in India.
- A composite ticket of Taj Mahal (Inclusive of ASI & ADA fees) is available at all World Heritage Sites in india.
- No Entry fee for children below the age of 15 years. (both Domestic and Foreigner)
Taj Mahal Online Ticket Booking
Only one official website, asi.payumoney.com, offers information and ticketing service for Taj Mahal tickets. Both foreign and domestic visitors may use the e-ticket booking for the ASI Taj Mahal monument as well as Humayun’s Tomb in Delhi.
Monuments in Agra, Historical Places- Detailed information about Ticketing & Entry Feee of Top Monuments in Agra, Agra monuments, Agra historical monuments, historical monuments Taj Mahal Taj Museum, Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Akbar’s Tomb – Sikandra, Mariyam Tomb, Sikandra, Ram Bagh, Itmad-ud-Daula of Agra(India). The monuments in Agra have exceptional architectural features and are the epitome of the best examples of Mughal architecture in India.
|Monuments||For Indian Tourist||For Foreign Tourist|
|Taj Museum, Taj Mahal||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Akbar’s Tomb Sikandra||15||5||20||200||10||210|
|Mariyam Tomb, Sikandra||15||Nil||15||200||Nil||200|
- Tourists are supposed to buy both the ASI and ADA tickets to visit the various monuments in Agra.
- For All the monuments ASI Charges Indian fee from the nnationals of SAARC and BIMSTEC countries while no
- such provision has been made ADA tickets.
- No entry fee for children below the age of 15 years (both Indian and Foreigner).
- Taj Mahal is closed on every Friday.
- Agra Development Authority (A.D.A.) does not levy any toll tax on Friday at any monument.
- Ticket window & cloak room are available at Taj East while only ticket window is available at Taj West Gate &
- cloak room for this gate is available at Amrood ka teela/ Taj Shopping Complex west gate just about 200
- meters before the west gate. Ticket window is also available at Taj South gate.
- Tourists are advised to keep their valid Identity Cards with them while visiting monuments
Taj Mahal Guide –
Are you Looking for a Tour Guide in Agra?
Get in touch by Email or Call on the address given below to Find a Government approved tour guide in Taj Mahal, Agra.
U.P. Tourism office
64, Taj Road, Agra – 282001
Tel. : (+91) 562 – 2226431
Indian Tourism Office
191, Mall Road, Agra – 282001
Tel : (+91) 562 – 2226378
These Guide will help you to find budget tips, money saving advice, tips on places to stay, things to see and do, and where to eat. It doesn’t matter what type of vacation you are going on – full & half day sightseeing trip, family holidays, round the Taj Mahal trip, or a honeymoon vacation in Agra, Uttar Pradesh(India).
Guide will give also you all the information you need for your trip so you can travel better, longer, cheaper.
Accommodation at Taj Mahal
|UP Tourism Accomodation||Phone No(s)|
|UPSTDC Tourist Bungalow, (2 star), Station Road, Raja-Ki-Mandi||2851720, 2850120|
|UPSTDC Taj Khema, Eastern Gate of Taj Mahal||2330140,2230001|
|UPSTDC Gulistan Tourist Complex (2 Star), Fatehpur Sikri||05613-282490|
|SNo.||Name of the Hotel||Address||Telephone No.||Star Classified||No. of Rooms||No. of beds||Tariff|
|1||Amar Vilas||Eastern Gate Taj Mahal||2231515||5Star Deluxe||102||204||15500 &100500|
|2||Jaypee Palace||Fatehabad Raod||2330800-819||5 Star Deluxe||341||682||9500 & 50000|
|3||Mughal Shereton||Fatehabad Road||2331701-28||5Star Deluxe||233||470||16000 & 80000|
|4||Clarks Shiraz||Taj Road||2226121-32||5Star||237||474||6000 & 7500|
|5||GateWay(Taj View)||Fatehabad Road||2232400-406||5Star||100||195||9000 &19000|
|6||Trident Hilton||Fatehabad Road||2331818||5Star||138||276||6750 &10000|
|7||Marina (Holiday Inn)||Sanjay Place||2523460-75, 2523535||4Star||94||188||6000 & 12000|
|8||Amar||Fatehabad Road||2331884 – 89||3 Star||66||132||3400 & 8000|
|9||Man Singh Palace||Fatehabad Road||2331771-78||5Star||97||194||6000 &12000|
|10||Pushp Villa||VIP Road Taj Mahal||3290267, 2334301||51||102||1600 & 2500|
|11||Grand||Agra Cantt Railway Station Road||2227511-14||Non Star||72||144||2500 & 6000|
|12||Haward Park Plaza||Fatehabad Raod||2331870, 2330408||—||86||172||6000 &7000|
|13||Yamuna View (Agra Ashok)||The Mall Road||2361223, 2361225||—||55||110||4500 & 7200|
Taj Mahal Tours: Information, Packages & Bookings
Taj Mahal – UNESCO World Heritage site of India, takes an overview of architecture and culture of historic importance of mughal architecture stories.
Daily tours are conducted by U.P. State Tourism Development Corporation for local sight seeing in the City of Taj Mahal, Agra(INDIA). The total fees for the tour includes the fare for Non A/C Deluxe coach, Monument entrance fees and the fees for guide services. For booking, details and reservation, contact –
Office of U.P. Tourism
64, Taj Road, Agra | Tel. No. 0562-2226431
UPTOURS, Rahi Tourist Bunglow
Near Raja Mandi, Railway Station, Agra | Tel. No. 0562-2850120, 2851720
Tourist Information Center
Agra Cantt Railway Station, Agra | Tel. No. 0562-2421204
Taj Mahal, Agra Full-Day & Half-day Tour Package Price
|Full day Tour (Taj, Agra Fort & Fatehpur Sikri)|
Departure: 10:30 am Arrival:6:30 pm
|Half Day Tour (Only Fatehpur Sikri)|
Departure: 10:30 am Arrival: 3:00 pm
Taj Mahal Tourism Tourist Information Centres in Agra
• Office of UP. Tourist 64, Taj Road, Agra Tel : +91 562 2226431,
• Government of India Tourism Office, 191, The Mall, Tel : +91 562 2226368, 2226378
• U.P. Tourism Reception Counter, Agra Cantt, Railway Station, Tel : +91 562 2421204
Other Useful Information
• Tourism police station – 9454402764
• Superintendent of Police (city) : 9454401007
• Foreigners Regional Registration Office, Police Line Agra, Tel : +91
• Antique Registration Office, 19, MIG, New Shah Ganj.
• District Information Centre, Near Idgah Bus Stand Tel :+91 562 2420012
Information for Tourists Visting Taj Mahal
Water bottle is allowed inside the monument. Shoe covers, Half Litre water bottle and Tourist Guide Map of Agra, Battery Bus & Golf Cart Service are provided free of cost with the foreigner’s entry ticket for the Taj. Wheel Chair for Disabled People & First Aid are available at ASI Office at Taj Mahal Ph. No : 0562 – 2330498.
What to Do’s
• Tourist are adviced to use South Entry gate in case of long queues on East and West gate. Which is 250 mtrs. from East & West Gate.
• Tourists must co-operate in keeping the monument neat & clean by using dustbins.
• Tourists are advised to hire approved guides & photographers who exhibit their identity cards.
• Taj Museum inside Taj Mahal Complex opens from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM, entry free.
• No Polluting vehicles are allowed within 500 mts. Radius of Taj Mahal. Parking Facility is available at Shilpgram for Eastern Gate & at Amrood-Ka -Teela for Western Gate.
What to Don’ts
• Eating and smoking is strictly prohibited inside Taj Mahal. Arms, ammunitions, fire, smoking items, tobacco products, liquor, eatables (Toffees), head phones, knives, wire, mobile charger, electric goods (except camera), Tripods are also prohibited.
• Mobile phones are to be kept switched off.
• Please avoid carrying big bags and books inside the monument, this may increase your security check time.
• Photography is prohibited inside the main mausoleum.
• Avoid touching & scratching the walls & surfaces of the monument as these are heritage sites and need special care.
• Visitors are requested not to make noise inside.
• Above mentioned list of prohibited items along with mobile phones are banned for night viewing of the Taj Mahal. Video camera, extra batteries are prohibited though still camera is permitted after the security check.
Official Contact Detail
Officer Joint Director
64, Taj Road, Agra-282001
Email: email@example.com, Info@tajmahal.gov.in
Phone No :
0562-2226431 (Closed on Sunday,2nd Saturday & Office Holidays)
0562-2421204 (Everyday : 6:30am to 9:30pm)
0562-2230230 ( Tourist Police Station (24 hours)
Government of Uttar Paradesh
Rajashri Purshottam Das Tandon Paryatan Bhavan,
C-13, Vipin Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, U.P.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com