Qualifying criteria and Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET November 2017. Qualifying criteria and Eligibility Criteria for JRF and Eligibility for assistant Professor in November 2017 ugc-net. Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (list attached page No. 22 to……………..
Click Here to view the Result of UGC NET – January 2017
On behalf of UGC, the Central Board of Secondary Education Will hold the National Eligibility Test (NET) on 19th November 2017 for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian Universities and Colleges. CBSE will conduct NET in 84 subjects at 90 selected NET Examination Cities spread across the country.
Answer Key of UGC NET January – 2017
The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor. The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them. The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF.
JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/institutions. The validity period of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, in case the candidates who have already joined M. Phil./ Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
|Uploading of Admit Card||–|
|Date of Examination||19th November 2017|
|Online Application Form Submission||01st August, 2017|
|Last date for Applying Online||30th August, 2017|
|Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of (SYNDICATE/CANARA/ICICI/HDFC BANK)||–|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website||–|
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (list attached page No. 22 to 48) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc. (list of subjects of post graduation attached at page No. 18 to 19) are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No.14 (on page 12-13), may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
AGE LIMIT & RELAXATION
(i)Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 28 years as on 01.07.2016. A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority. Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
(ii)Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR)
- NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of the Ph. D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st Dec 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st Dec 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
Step I :The procedure and criteria for declaration of result for UGC-NET conducted on July 2016 comprises of the following steps:
Minimum marks to be obtained in UGC-NET for considering a candidate for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor:
The candidates are required to obtain the following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given below:
|CATEGORY||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|PAPER – I||PAPER – II||PAPER – III|
|GENERAL||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75(50%)|
|OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/PWD/SC/ST||35(35%)||35(35%)||60(40%)|
Amongst those candidates who have cleared step-I, a merit list was prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
Step III: Top 15% candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared NET qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
Step IV: A separate merit list for the award of JRF will be prepared from amongst the NET qualified candidates figuring in the merit list prepared under step III by using the formula mentioned below:-
No. of slots under General (UR) category for JRF in a subject =
No. of candidates who have opted for JRF and are qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor in that subject X No. of slots available under General (UR) category
Total No. of General (UR) candidates who have opted for JRF and are qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor
Similar formula will be used for OBC/SC/ST category and all the subjects.
PROVISIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITY (INCLUDING VISUALLY CHALLENGED CANDIDATES) HAVING 40% OR MORE DISABILITY.
i) Twenty five minutes compensatory time shall be provided for Paper – I and Paper – II separately. For paper – III, fifty minutes compensatory time shall be provided. These candidates, on their request, will also be provided the services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that of the candidate. CBSE will also provide the Test Booklets of Paper-I, Paper–II & Paper–III in Braille in those subjects only which are printed in English or English and Hindi along with usual Test Booklets as provided to other candidates.
ii) The Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can also avail the services of scribe by making prior request (at least one week before the date of UGC-NET) in writing to the concerned Center Superintendent. Compensatory time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates who have disability of less than 40% .
iii) The candidate has the discretion of opting for his/her own scribe or has to request the concerned Center Superintendent for the same in writing at least one week in advance of the test. In such instances the candidate is allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination so as to verify whether the scribe is suitable or not.
iv) The candidates with disability should fill in the type and percentages of disability correctly in the online application form of NET Jan, 2017.
v) An amount of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. One thousand only) will be paid to the scribe by the Center Superintendent on the day of examination for all papers.
Official Contact Details
Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Telephone No. : 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Fax No. : 0120-2427275
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org