UGC Net Exam Fees December 2019
On behalf of UGC, the National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian Universities and Colleges.
Till recently, the CBSE conducted the NET in 84 subjects at 91 selected Cities of spread across the country.
From Dec 2018 onwards, the UGC- NET (for Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both), will be conducted by the NTA.
- Online Submission of Application Form: 09 September to 09 October 2019 (upto 11.50 pm)
- Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-Banking/Paytm: 10 October 2019 (upto 11.50 pm)
- Correction in particulars of Application Form on website only: 18 October to 25 October 2019
The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only depends on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of NET in aggregate. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor are not to be considered for award of JRF. Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor are governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.
NOTE: Those candidates who have uploaded the photograph without Date and Time and White Background inadvertently, the same also will be accepted. The Application form will not be rejected in this case. If there is any discrepancy found in the images, a message will be sent to candidate’s registered mobile number and link will be provided to correct the images in their login.
National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions.
To assess competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
1. SCHEDULE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM, FEE DETAILS AND IMPORTANT DATES: NTA UGC NET December 2019
|On-line submission of Application Form (Upto 11.50 pm)||09.09.2019 to 09.10.2019|
|Date for successful final transaction of fee (Upto 11.50 pm)||10.10.2019|
|Through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking upto 11.50 pm Through e-challan upto bank hours||Up to 10.10.2019|
Fee Payable by candidates
Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL)*
SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender `
GST/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
|Correction in particulars of Application Form on website only||18.10.2019 to 25.10.2019|
|Printing of Admit Cards from NTA’s website||From 09 November 2019|
|Dates of Examination||02 December (Monday) to 06 December (Friday)|
|Duration & Timing of Examination||180 Minutes (03 Hours)|
No Barack Between Paper I & Paper II
First Shift : 9.30 am
to 12.30 pm
Second Shift : 02.30 pm to 05.30 pm
|Centre, Date, Shift and UGC-NET (Subject) Examination||As indicated on Admit Card|
|Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys for inviting challenges on NTA’s website: nta.ac.in, ntanet.nic.in||Date shall be displayed on the NTA’s website|
|Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||By 31 December, 2019.|
UGC-NET, DECEMBER, 2019: DATE AND SHIFT OF EXAMINATION
|Sr. no.||Date & Day||Shift 1||Shift 2|
|1||02.12.2019||9.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.||2.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m.|
|2||03.12..2019||9.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.||2.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m.|
|3||04.12.2019||9.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.||2.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m.|
|4||05.12.2019||9.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.||2.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m.|
|5||06.12.2019||9.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.||2.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m.|
UGC-NET December 2019
*Other Backward Classes – Non Creamy Layers (OBC-NCL) as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC- Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in).
The candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column.
State list OBC Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General.
**As per the OM No. 20013/01/2018-BC-II dated January 17, 2019 issued by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the OM No. 12-4/2019-U1 dated 17.01.2019 as well as the Letters No 35-2/2019-T.S.I dated 21.01.2019, 01.02.2019, 04.02.2019 and 15.02.2019 of MHRD Department of Higher Education regarding implementation of reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) for admission in Central Educational Institutions.
- Candidates can apply for UGC-NET December, 2019 “Online” only.
- Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website www.ntanet.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only.
- Instructions for filling Online Application Form :
Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility.
Follow the 4 steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No. (Please see Annexure – VIII)
Step-2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-3: Make payment of fee using SBI/HDFC/Syndicate/ICICI Payment Gateway and keep proof of fee paid.
Step-4: Print at least four copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.
The candidate has to select Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/E-Challan option to pay the application fee and follow the online instructions to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the Confirmation Page. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
- The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step-2 and step-3 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
- The entire application process of UGC-NET December, 2019 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ by Hand.
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA website regularly for latest updates and to check their e-mails.
Candidates are NOT allowed to carry Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/ Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material), Eatables and Water (loose or packed), Mobile Phone/ Ear Phone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the Examination Hall/Room.
Diabetic students will be allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottle to the Examination Hall. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolates/candy/sandwich etc.
- Candidates are advised to read the Information Bulletin carefully and go through the instructions regarding filling of Online Application Form given on UGC-NET 2019 website www.nta.ac.in, www.ntanet.nic.in before starting online registration.
- Candidate should ensure that all information entered during the online registration process is correct.
- Online information provided by candidates like name of candidate, contact/ address details, category, PwD status, educational qualification details, date of birth, etc during online registration for UGC-NET 2019 will be treated as correct/final and NTA will not entertain, under any circumstances, any request for change in information provided by the candidates.
- NTA disclaims any liability that may arise to a candidate(s) due to incorrect information provided by the candidate(s) during online registration process.
- NTA does not edit /modify/alter any information entered by the candidates after completion of registration process under any circumstances. Any request for change in information thereafter will not be entertained. Therefore, candidates are advised to exercise utmost caution for filling up correct details in registration system.
2. Schedule of Examination:
|Dates of Examination (Exact dates of examination/shifts will be made available on the NTA’s website)||First Shif||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||9.30 am – 12.30 pm||02.30 pm – 5.30 pm|
|Entry in the Examination Centre*||7.30 am – 8.30 am||12.30 pm – 01.30 pm|
|Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 am – 9.00 am||01.45 pm – 02.00 pm|
|Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||9.00 am – 9.15 am||02.00 pm – 02.15 pm|
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall||9.15 am||02.15 pm|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||9.15 am – 9.25 am||02.15 pm – 02.25 pm|
|Test Commences||9.30 am||02.30 pm|
|Test Concludes||1.00 pm||5.30 pm|
*Candidates are advised to report at the Examination Center well in time, at least 2 hours before the commencement of the examination. Candidates will not be permitted to enter into the Examination Center after 8.30 am in First Shift and after 1.30 pm in Second Shift.
In case any candidate furnishes false information, appears in more than one shifts/dates of the Computer Based Examination, the candidature is likely to be cancelled and the result will not be declared in such a case.
- Candidate shall appear at their own cost at the Centre on Date and Shift as indicated in their Admit Card issued by the NTA.
- Under no circumstances the choice of Cities for Centre, Date, Shift and NET Subject provided in the Admit Card shall be changed.