List of National Parks in Telangana – updated. How many national parks in Telangana. Total number of National Parks in Telangana is three (3). “National Park” means an area declared, whether under sec.35. or sec.38 or deemed, under sub-section (3) of sec.66 to be declared, as a National Park.
National park is an area which is strictly reserved for the betterment of the wildlife & biodiversity, and where activities like developmental, forestry, poaching, hunting and grazing on cultivation are not permitted. Their boundaries are well marked and circumscribed. Name of National Parks, Year of Notification and Total Area is given below…….
National Park declared by the Central Government such animal or any article, trophy, uncured trophy or meat [derived from such animal or any vehicle, vessel, weapon, trap, or tool used in such hunting, 3] shall be the property of Central Government.
National park is an area which is strictly reserved for the betterment of the wildlife & biodiversity, and where activities like developmental, forestry, poaching, hunting and grazing on cultivation are not permitted. In these parks, even private ownership rights are not allowed. Their boundaries are well marked and circumscribed. They are usually small reserves spreading in an area of 100 sq. km. to 500 sq. km. In national parks, the emphasis is on the preservation of a single floral or faunal species.
“National Park” means an area declared, whether under sec.35. or sec.38 or deemed, under sub-section (3) of sec.66. to be declared, as a National Park.
List of National Parks in Telangana. Name of National Parks, Year of Notification and Total Area is as follows…
|S. No.||Name of National Park||Year of Notification||Total Area|
|1||Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park||1998||1.43|
|2||Mahaveer Harina Vanasthali National Park||1994||14.59|
|3||Mrugavani National Park||1994||3.60|
National Parks (According to wildlife protection act 1972)
Declaration of National Parks – (1) Whenever it appears to the State Government that an area, whether within a sanctuary or not, is, by reason of its ecological, faunal, floral, Geo-morphological, or zoological association or importance, needed to be constituted as a National Park for the purpose of protection & propagating or developing wildlife therein or its environment, it may, by notification, declare its intention to constitute such area as a National Park.
[11(1) Provided that where any part of the territorial waters is proposed to be included in such National Park, the provisions of Sec.26A shall, as far as may be, apply in relation to the declaration of a National Park as they apply in relation to the declaration of a sanctuary.]
- The notification referred to in sub-section (1) shall define the limits of the area which is intended to be declared as a National Park.
- Where any area is intended to be declared as a National Park, the provisions of Sec. [1219 to 26-A (both inclusive except clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 24)] shall, as far as may be, apply to the investigation and determination of claims and extinguishment of rights, in relation to any land in such area as they apply to the said matters in relation to any land in a sanctuary.
- When the following events have occurred, namely
- the period for preferring claims has elapsed, and all claims, if any, made in relation to any land in an area intended to be declared as a National Park, have been disposed of by the State Government, and
- all rights in respect of lands proposed to be included in the National Park have become vested in the State Government
the State Government shall publish a notification specifying the limits of the area which shall be comprised within the National Park and declare that the said area shall be a National Park on and from such date as may be specified in the notification.
- No alteration of the boundaries of a National Park shall be made except on a resolution passed by the Legislature of the State.
- No person shall, destroy, exploit, or remove any wildlife from a National Park or destroy or damage the habitat or any wild animal or deprive any wild animal or its habitat within such National Park except under and in accordance with a permit granted by the Chief Wildlife Warden and no such permit shall be granted unless the State Government, being satisfied that such destruction, exploitation, or removal of wildlife from the National Park is necessary for the improvement and better management of wildlife therein, authorizes the issue of such permit.
- No grazing of any [livestock13] shall be permitted in a National Park and no livestock shall be allowed to enter except where such [livestock] is used as a vehicle by a person authorized to enter such National Park.
- The provisions of secs. 27 and 28, secs.30 to 32 (both inclusive), and CIS, (a), (b) and (c) of [Sec.33, 33A14] and sec.34 shall, as far as may be, apply in relation to a National Park as they apply in relation to a sanctuary.