|File Size||406.20 KB|
|Create Date||January 28, 2015|
|Last Updated||November 20, 2015|
The Recognition of Zoo Rules, 2009, In exercise of the powers conferred by clauses (f) and (g) of Sub-section (1) of section 63 of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972), and in supersession of the Recognition of Zoo Rules, 1992, except as in respect of things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely; :-
1. Short title and commencement,
(1) These rules may be called the Recognition of Zoo Rules, 2009.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette
In these rules unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Act” means the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972);
- “Central Zoo Authority” means the Central Zoo Authority constituted under section 38A of the Act;
- “Conservation Breeding Centre” means the facility specially dedicated to planned conservation breeding of an endangered species of wildlife.
- “Enclosure” means any accommodation provided for zoo animals.
- “Enclosure barrier” means a physical barrier to contain an animal within an enclosure.
- “Endangered Species' means species included in Schedule I and Schedule II of the Act.
- “Critically endangered species’ means an endangered species whose total number in all the zoos in the country put together does not exceed 200.
- “Form” means a form appended to these rules.
- “Performance” means any effort to force the animal to carry out unnatural act including performance of circus tricks.
- “Rescue Centre” means an establishment for the long-term care of animals specified in the Schedules to the Act.
- “Stand-of-barrier” means a physical barrier set back from the outer edge of an enclosure barrier.
- “Zoo Director’” means an in-charge of the zoo with whatever designation, responsible for day to day management of the zoo.
- “Zoo Operator” means the person who has ultimate control over the affairs of the zoos provided that______
I. In the case of a firm or other association of individuals, any one of the individual partners or members thereof; or
II. In the case of a company, any director, manager, secretary or other officer, who is in-charge of and responsible to the company for the affairs of the zoo ; or
III. In case of zoo owned or controlled by the Central Government or any State Government or Union Territory Administration or any Trust or Society funded by the Central Government or a State Government or a Union Territory Administration, the Secretary of the concerned Department of that Government, or as the case may be the Union Territory Administration, shall be deemed to be the Zoo Operator.
3. Application for Recognition,
4. Fees for Application,
5. Documents to be filled along with the application and particulars it should contain,
6. Power to make inquiries and call for information,
Download pdf to view full text.