- Version [version]
- Download 27
- File Size 186.88 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date January 28, 2015
- Last Updated November 20, 2015
National Tiger Conservation Authority Rules, 2006 pdf updated
The National Tiger Conservation Authority Rules, 2006 - updated. The National Tiger Conservation Authority (Salaries, Allowances and Other Conditions of Appointment) Rules, 2006
1 Short title and commencement — (1) These rules may be called the National Tiger Conservation Authority (Salaries, Allowances and other Conditions of Appointment) Rules, 2006.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Definitions—In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a)“Act” means the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972);
(b)“Chairperson” means the Chairperson of the Tiger Conservation Authority;
(c)“Fund” means the Tiger Conservation Authority Fund constituted under sub-section (2) of section 38Q;
(d)“member” means a member of the Tiger Conservation Authority;
(e)“Member-Secretary” means the Member-Secretary of the Tiger Conservation Authority;
(f)“section” means section of the Act;
(g)“Tiger Conservation Authority” means the National Tiger Conservation Authority constituted under section 38L;
(h)“Vice-Chairperson” means the Vice-Chairperson of the Tiger Conservation Authority.
- Travelling and other allowances to the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and members —
(1) The Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and members shall be entitled to travelling allowances and daily allowances in respect of journeys performed by them in connection with the work of the Tiger Conservation Authority at the rates as are admissible to a Union Minister, Union Ministers of State and a Secretary to the Government of India respectively.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rule (1), the Chairperson or any other member, who is a Member of Parliament, shall not be entitled to any remuneration other than the allowances, defined in clause (a) of section 2 of the Parliament (Prevention of Disqualification) Act, 1959 (10 of 1959) or as the case may be, other than the allowances, if any, receive without incurring such disqualification.
- Appointment of Member-Secretary on re-constitution of the Tiger Conservation Authority —
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint a Member-Secretary of the Tiger Conservation Authority on its re-constitution, who shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as are assigned to him under the Act and those assigned by the Authority.
(2) A person to be appointed as Member-Secretary shall be an Inspector-General of Forests or an Officer of equivalent rank in the Indian Forest Service, having at least ten years’ experience in a tiger reserve or wildlife management.
- Terms and other conditions of service of Member-Secretary —The Member-Secretary of the Tiger Conservation Authority, subject to the provisions contained in the proviso to sub-section
(1)of section 38N of the Act, shall be entitled to the salary in the pay scale of rupees 18400-500-22400/- and shall also be entitled to such allowances, leave, provident fund, pension and other retirement benefits, official accommodation and medical facilities as are for the time being admissible to the officers of the Central Government belonging to Group ‘A’ of the corresponding scale of pay.