- Version 1.0.0
- Download 43
- File Size 205.84 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date January 28, 2015
- Last Updated November 20, 2015
National Board for Wildlife Rules, 2003 pdf updated
The national Board for Wildlife Rules, 2003, In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) and (3) of section 5A read with section 63 of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
- Short title and commencement –
- These rules may be called the National Board for Wild Life Rules, 2003
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette. 2. Definitions –
In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires:-
- “Act” means the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972);
- “National Board” means the National Board for Wild Life constituted under section 5A of the Act;
- “Chairperson” means the Chairperson of the National Board;
- All other words and expressions used in these rules shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3 National Board for Wild Life -
- The National Board shall be constituted in accordance with the provisions contained in sub-section (1) of section 5A of the Act.
- The term of office of the members other than those who are members ex-officio shall be for a period of three years.
- The Member of Parliament nominated to the National Board shall cease to be the Member of the National Board on his having ceased to the Member of the Parliament.
- The vacancies referred to in clauses (e), (f) and (v) of sub-section (1) of section 5A of the Act shall be filled by nomination by the Central Government with the approval of chairperson.
- 4. Meetings -
- The National Board shall ordinarily meet once in a year at a place to be decided with the approval of the Chairperson.
- The Member-Secretary shall prepare agenda items for the meetings, obtain approval of the Chairperson and circulate it to all members at least fifteen days prior to the date of such meeting.
- The Member-Secretary shall prepare the minutes of the meeting and circulate it to all members within thirty days of the meeting after obtaining approval of the Chairperson.
- The Member-Secretary shall also initiate follow up action on the decisions of the National Board.