- Version 1.0.0
- Download 81
- File Size 127.78 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date January 28, 2015
- Last Updated November 20, 2015
The Declaration of Wildlife Stock Rules, 2003
The Declaration of Wildlife Stock Rules, 2003, In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (3) of section 40A read with section 63 of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:
1. Short title and commencement,
- These rules may be called the declaration of Wild Life Stock Rules, 2003.
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, -
- “Act” means the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 (52 of 1972);
- “form” means the form annexed to these rules;
- all other words and expressions used in these rules shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3. Publicity of intent of notification and Assistance in making application,
(1) The Chief Wildlife Warden or the officer authorized by the State Government in this regard shall cause to give wide publicity to the intent of this notification in the regional language through electronic or print media or such other means.
(2) The Chief Wildlife Warden or the officer authorized by the State Government in this regard shall take necessary action to assist the local communities and individuals especially the poor and illiterate in the declaration of their possession, filling up the specified form and any other matter connected therewith and shall make every attempt to ensure that no individual or community associated with animals is deprived of this opportunity.
4. Procedure for filing applications,
(1) An application to the Chief Wildlife Warden or the officer authorized by the State Government in this regard shall be presented in the Form annexed to these rules by the applicant either in person or by an agent or by duly authorized legal practitioner or sent by registered post addressed to the Chief Wild Life Warden or the officer authorized by the Sate Government in this regard of the concerned State or the Union territory.
5. Presentation and scrutiny of applications,
6. Place of filing application,
7. Date and Place of hearing to be notified,
8. Decision on applications,
9. Hearing on application ex-parte,
10. Inquiry by the Chief Wildlife Warden or Authorized Officer,
Download pdf to view full text.